Thursday, September 11, 2008

LA Breakdown: Track 8- Roc Boys (We in the house, house)

Photobucket

This song is quite simply my favorite song I think I've ever done and there is an interesting story behind it.

I had just decided to fully start a career in music and was thinking of something to write that would be a personal staple of change. So I was in the parking lot of my dad's work waiting for him to come out and give me something and while I was in there I was listening to Asher Roth's Roth Boys  haha yea it wasn't even Roc Boys. But as I was listening to it I just decided you know what I'm doing something to this song. I immediately took some ticket I had just gotten for not having my tags on my license plate and started jotting down some ideas and kinda hit a nice little pattern and got about 50 lines done. Then once I got in the studio I finished it off with a few lines in the beginning and some lines at the end.

To me it was more of a symbolic thing, well it seems like everything is in my life. I look at Jay-Z as a hero of mine and one of the reasons I even wanted to get into music in the first place. To pick this beat was almost an ode to him and his career and is a song I really felt I put together well and probably will include it in my set next Saturday. Either way it's not a deeply personal song but to me a turning point in my life.

P.S. Download Late August

No comments: