Wednesday, August 27, 2008

LA Breakdown: Track 1-Intro

Photobucket

Well I said I would post a breakdown of every song, doing one a day just to give you an idea of what goes through my head when I am writing and recording. SO here is the first of many..

Well for the intro obviously there was heavy influence by The Dark Knight and Willy Wonka. I had just got done watching those movies so they were still fresh in my head. I wanted the intro to be real..different. I wanted it to be like an LCD trip to open it up and let the people be prepared for what they are going to hear. Well I decided to talk over the two most memorable songs that I remembered from Willy Wonka. They were all movie and book quotes and I would be very interested to see who knows where they are all from. If you do I will personally post a whole entry about how cool you are. So I used all sorts of quotes and played with the soundbytes I had to work for it to make it sound complete. All the quotes were from things that inspitred me to write this whole mixtape. 

On a side not I'm beginning to work for a mixtape in the winter time and I think I'm gonna go into some storytelling setting up a concept. Like I wasnt to tell an eleborate story..I can't give you too much info so you don't take it and because I haven't thought of it all..haha

So tune in tune in for tomorrows edition where I will talk about the song The Introduction.

P.S.
Download Late August

P.S.S.
Shout out to Trang who I hear actually keeps up with my blog and being the only one to admit it.haha. The internet is such a big place with many things to do so thanks for taking time out to view my words.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha fasho. i admit it, your blog, along with a few others, keeps me entertained at work. and good job with late august. im loving psyche sofa