Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The People's Champ Hall of Fame: Stanley Kubrick

Photobucket

This man right here may literally be the most inspirational person ever in my life in the entertainment world. He is a true genius in every sense of the world. Easily your favorite director's favorite director. So many of my favorite movies he's filmed including..ahem.. Spartacus, Dr. Strangelove, 2001: A Space Odyssey, A Clockwork Orange, Barry Lyndon, The Shining, Full Metal Jacket, and Eyes Wide Shut. His cinematography was unmatched and he set the bar for so many styles of filming. He was one of the last true directors who filmed on a vision and not because of the money. I can write so much on everyone of those individual movies but will withhold myself. He dabbled in every genre from thriller (The Shining) to sci-fi (2001:A Space Odyssey), and war movies (Full Metal Jacket) to Black Humor (Dr. Strangelove). He was a true visionary and now in my Hall of Fame.

No comments: