Saturday, August 9, 2008

RIP Mr. Mac

Photobucket
Its very rare that a celebrity death really hits me. Alot of them I just feel no real personal connection to be affected by it. But when I heard Bernie Mac died I was hit. When I was texted this morning that he passed I didn't believe it. It was one of those things you couldn't believe without seeing proof. I went to the NY Times on my phone and sure enough there it was. I stared at it for a good 5 minutes to even believe it.

Bernie wasn't just another comedian. To me he was like family. His standup on Def Comedy Jam and on the Kings of Comedy is what I grew up on. There are very few celebrities I can say that about. I always wanted to be famous to be able to meet the man. He was so humble and just to sit and talk with him would be a dream come true. He was a true innovator of stand up comedy and will be looked in history as one of the greats of our era. I really have been going about my day thinking about this and it really hurts. He has always struggled with sicknesses but he was supposed to get through this one.

I was supposed to meet him.
One day I will.
R.I.P Bernie Mac.
I aint scared of you M'Fers.

No comments: