Sunday, August 31, 2008

LA Breakdown: Track 2- The Introduction

"But she is my love, my mental Ellen Page.."
Photobucket

Well I did promise to breakdown the idea behind every song on Late August everyday and well the days got away from me so I will just pick up where I left off.

This was actually the very last song I did for the whole thing. Matter of fact it was a last second thing that I threw together. I just needed some sort of true introduction song and as the intro prepared the listener for what they will hear this in a way did the same thing with a beat behind it. It was one of my favorite beats and decided it had a cool introduction feel to it. In the words I kind of just wanted to again give the feel of an introduction for the whole thing but as I wrote deeper and deeper into it I felt that I could take this into another direction. After I wrote the line:

"and the woman in my head, although I never see her."

I figured I could create a slight concept for the whole mixtape, use it as almost a romantic tale of my new journey with music. So all the interludes and everything were all birthed from this track. Thats why I stress for people to listen to it straight through because it has an idea behind it.


Download Late August Here if you dont have it yet.

No comments: